Guys, I'm going to be real here. All of my recipes are so ridiculously easy that I'd hardly even call them recipes!
Here's another that's easy to throw into your slow cooker and call it a day:
- 1-2lbs Chicken breasts
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 large jar of salsa (your choice on heat)
- 1 8oz package of low fat or fat free cream cheese (obviously if you'd like full fat, by all means bring it on!!)
- Take 4 frozen, yes, frozen (or thawed), boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot. Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa. Keep in crock pot on low for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked. Once it is cooked, shred within crockpot using a couple of forks.
- Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about ½ hour with lid closed but crockpot turned off or on keep warm setting. It may look at little strange at this point. Don't worry. Stir in the cream cheese.
- Serve over rice or in warm flour tortillas.
I didn't do this presentation justice but I promise it tastes amazing!
Add any additional toppings you'd prefer: Shredded cheese, sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), or guacamole. This recipe can be adapted to cook a larger portion at once as part of your weekly meal prep as well!
What are your ridiculously easy recipes? Share them with me in the comments!